Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Our First Little Egg!


Darling Astrid popped out the first egg yesterday afternoon. What a good girl! It is a gorgeous, perfect little brown egg. I whooped and called out to Mike and Char when I discovered it in the nesting box. Astrid stood by and watched us take it. Sort of weird but all the books says that quick removal of a fresh eggs leads to greater productivity. We'll see! We should be deep in the scrambles before long. I can't believe she laid it right in the nesting box. I expected these crazy ladies to set down their treasures any old place. I guess that chicken's have good instincts!


Here is Astrid keeping her eye on us as we take her tiny treasure!
Send me your egg recipes!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just my imagination but Astrid looks a little relieved! I wonder what it felt like to pass that little egg? Lyra

    ReplyDelete