Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chop, chop!





Here is a new print inspired by the gorgeous quilt that Gayle made and donated to the wheelchair basketball fundraiser. Her quilt featured a warm white background with strips of newsprint-type fabric in black and red as the focal point. My print attempts to capture the feel of the rows of script and pattern play. I used dirty teal and rosy red inks instead of black and red. I feel like I resort to black too often and I wanted to avoid the xerox-y look that sometimes infects my letterform designs. I haven't named it yet but perhaps an idea will strike today.

I've got to get down to business with the wine country prints. Mic and I are heading up in in a little over a week to secure some "accounts" and I am as of yet empty-handed! Time to chop, chop.

I have another couple of graffiti prints to kick out and then my brain will be free to toy with the chickens, barns and vines that I have floating around in my mind's eye. Finger's crossed and all ideas are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment