Sunday, October 11, 2009

Screenplay Writing Retreat

Lyra and I had a very successful evening at our screenplay writing retreat. We worked hard, got about 1/3 of the first draft worked out and skeletized. The idea for the second script is fleshed out (still on paper scraps) and taking shape. I am so proud of us! It is satisfying to be on our way with something we've loosely talked about for so long.

We stayed at The W Hotel and I can totally recommend it for any SF rendezvous you might be planning. A young vibe-- a bit too aware of trying to be hip-- but very clean and quiet. Our 11th floor room had a neat view of the city. The hotel is next door to SFMOMA and a short walk to great eats and shopping. Pool, Bliss Spa and workout room-- we didn't check out these amenities because we were so hard at work but maybe next time!

We noshed at Two (formerly Hawthorne Lane) and it was a great spot for talking and sipping. Tho' I am still craving the wood fired pizza which we did not order.

Almost time to get an agent!

1 comment:

  1. I used to go at the W in NY during my hi-fashion days.. out of practice after too many california years and too far gone from Milano I always felt like the poor country relative,stumbling after a plane ride in a room fool of black dressed popsicles. I still remember the $70 pedicure at bliss... came with a free foot cream, I might still have it as i cannot bear to throw it away.... how is this for a screenplay?

    ReplyDelete