Saturday, October 17, 2009

Big Black Boots


Clearly, I am nobody's fashion maven and I am loath to even speak of style matters. I am widely regarded as Queen of the Man Blouse. But, there is one wardrobe element that has the power to change your outlook-- a pair of kick-ass black boots. They can be nose-bleed high heeled boots (think: spicy, sexy) or they can be clunky chunkers that make you feel as if you can take on the world and win. I almost have too many pair. Each has a place in my arsenal. If I find myself in an acquisitive mood, I hop onto the web and google "size 12 womens black boots" (don't be alarmed-- I'm 6'1" so I need giant feet). There is something to be said for adding a 4" heel to my bod and turning into a 6'5" tower of power (OK maybe just in my own mind). My latest pair are Frye Motorcycle-types with tough looking harness and buckle embellishments. I feel like I should be starring in an episode of "Alias" when I wear these things-- kicking down spies and stomping on bad guys.

2 comments: